Welcome to 2018! In December we highlighted our topical Collections on ScienceOpen and asked you to review any paper in a collection to enter a drawing for an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. Today we would like to thank everyone who shared their expertise on ScienceOpen over the last year and are happy to announce the winner: Agustín Estrada Peña of the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
Agustín is editor of the collection Ticks and Tick-Borne Pathogens, a comprehensive overview with over 11,000 articles covering the whole spectrum from biology and habitats to molecular mechanisms of disease and epidemiology. The ScienceOpen collection format allows researchers to search within these papers with a wide range of filters and quickly change the top view with sort by date, citations, Altmetric Score, usage and more to drill down and find interesting new work.
Agustín reviewed the paper The global distribution of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever. More reviews of articles in this collection by the tick community are highly welcome. Help to make this an important resource for all! To learn how you can add to this knowledge database check out our resources on reviewing on ScienceOpen. Remember, all reviews are published with a CC BY Open Access license and receive a Crossref DOI.
We are also happy to highlight some other reviews from December:
- Kevin Black of Washington University in Saint Louis, USA and editor of the collection Tics reviewed Refining the Deep Brain Stimulation Target within the Limbic Globus Pallidus Internus for Tourette Syndrome.
- Brijesh Mehta of Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat, India and editor of the collection Big Data Privacy reviewed:
- Yang Gan, professor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, China reviewed a paper in the Martian Soil collection by Samuel Kounaves of Tufts University, USA: Can Plants Grow on Mars and the Moon: A Growth Experiment on Mars and Moon Soil Simulants
- Dasapta Erwin Irawan, lecturer in geology at Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia and editor of the collection Hydrology among several others on ScienceOpen reviewed a series of papers including:
- Julien Colomb at the Humboldt University Berlin and editor of the collection Behavioral phenotypization of a mouse model for Alzheimer’s: PDAPP = Tg(APPV717F)109Ili reviewed: Drosophila SLC22A Transporter Is a Memory Suppressor Gene that Influences Cholinergic Neurotransmission to the Mushroom Bodies.
- Bruce Becker, Senior Researcher at Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa, is editor of the collection Developing Data Infrastructures and others reviewed several papers including:
New articles are added to the ScienceOpen discovery environment daily. We hope that you will share your expertise in 2018 by reviewing or recommending an article, or even starting your own collection. As always, your feedback is very welcome.
Best wishes for the New Year from the ScienceOpen team.