New De Gruyter Materials Science Collections
To showcase their cutting-edge book and journal publications in materials science, De Gruyter Publishers has created two topical collections on ScienceOpen in the fields of Nanotechnology and Energy. Now you can search, sort, explore and share thousands of book, chapter and article records in the unique ScienceOpen discovery interface.
About De Gruyter
For over 270 years De Gruyter has published outstanding scholarship. An international, independent publisher headquartered in Berlin, it publishes over 1,600 new book titles each year and more than 900 journals in mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, natural sciences, medicine, the humanities, social sciences, and law. The teams around Daniel Tiemann and Karin Sora have built a vibrant interdisciplinary STEM program in materials science, industrial chemistry, general chemistry, physics and mathematics over the past decade.
The expanding field of materials sciences is a fast-growing subject area in the De Gruyter portfolio that is distinguished by fresh topics and new authors. The contemporary nature of this science is evidenced by its focus on cross-sectional technologies and their application in commerce and the business sector, with content provided by outstanding, internationally renowned scientists. A special focus has been placed on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. The portfolio contains graduate-level textbooks, a special STEM series for career beginners, traditional monographs, and a collection of journals, including the open access journals: Nanophotonics and Nanotechnology Reviews.
A collection of this cutting-edge research on nanotechnology from De Gruyter Publisher’s Materials Science program has been created on the ScienceOpen platform. Explore the collection here and see below for several picks from the Editor:
- Ethics in Nanotechnology Set including Ethics in Nanotechnology: Social Sciences and Philosophical Aspects and Ethics in Nanotechnology: Emerging Technologies Aspects edited by Van de Voorde
- Handbook of Nanoethics edited by Jeswani and Van de Voorde
- Magnetic Hybrid-Materials: Multi-scale Modelling, Synthesis, and Applications (*Open Access!) edited by Odenbach
In addition to Nanotechnology, a special focus has been placed on energy in De Gruyter’s growing materials science subject area. The portfolio contains graduate-level textbooks, a special STEM series for career beginners, traditional monographs, and a collection of journals, including our journals: Energy Harvesting and Systems and Reviews in Chemical Engineering.
Start exploring the De Gruyter’s Materials Science: Energy Collection by checking out several of the Editor’s picks, below:
- Polymer-based Solid State Batteries by Daniel Brandell, Jonas Mindemark, and Guiomar Hernández
- Photovoltaic Modules: Reliability and Sustainability edited by Karl-Anders Weiß
- The Autotrophic Biorefinery: Raw Materials from Biotechnology edited by Kourist and Schmidt
- Hydrogen Storage for Sustainability by Van de Voorde
- Wearable Energy Storage Devices by Vinu Mohan
Explore all of the newly added research from De Gruyter on the platform by going to the De Gruyter Materials Science Super Collection. We are proud to welcome the De Gruyter Materials Science Collections to the platform where they will enrich ScienceOpen’s contextual environment of over 74 million records.