The number of articles indexed on ScienceOpen is rapidly approaching 80 million. ScienceOpen works with a diverse community of publishers and is a great and useful resource for research in many subjects, including psychology.
Many of our partners publish in the field of psychology, and in this post, we will highlight some of the most notable and recently added psychology-related content and collections on the ScienceOpen network.
Leading publisher in Psychology – Psychology collections by Hogrefe on ScienceOpen
Hogrefe is a renowned scientific publisher in Europe for psychology, psychiatry, and mental health. The Hogrefe collections on ScienceOpen offer high-quality articles and books in English and German that cover many fields of psychology and psychiatry and promote a better knowledge of people as psychosocial persons.
Hogrefe is an excellent source for the newest developments and research from the field of Psychology, with over 19.000 publications, 5 psychology-focused collections, and over 32 journals indexed currently on ScienceOpen.
- Hogrefe Psychology
- International Perspectives in Psychology: Research, Practice, Consultation
- Human Resources and Assessment
- SUCHT: Interdisciplinary Journal of Addiction Research
- Kindheit, Jugend und Entwicklung
Highlighted Book Titles in Psychology by Hogrefe:
- Biologische Psychologie
- Lehrbuch Kognitive Neurowissenschaften
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Advancing Suicide Research
- Behavior and Medicine
- If-Then Planning in Sports: A Scoping Review
- The Intensity Side of Volition: A Theoretical and Empirical Overview of Effortful Striving
- 20th Century Media and the American Psyche: A Strange Love
- Attitude-Consistent Health Messages About Electronic Cigarettes Increase Processing Time: Perceiving Message Senders as Socially Close Increases Message Recall
Hogrefe contributes to the context and content of psychology research on ScienceOpen, which has created a dynamic platform for combining Hogrefe’s book and journal content on related themes in psychology and medicine.
Multidisciplinary research by AKJournals
AKJournals by Akadémiai Kiadó is Hungary’s oldest continuously operating publishing house and one of Central and Eastern Europe’s largest scientific publishers. Its portfolio comprises international peer-reviewed journals in Psychology, and there are two collections dedicated to the topic on ScienceOpen: the Journal of Behavioral Addictions and the Psychology collection, which together combine research from seven distinct journals.
AKJournals brings interdisciplinary and diverse perspectives to psychology on ScienceOpen.
Highlighted titles from the Journal of Behavioral Addictions:
- How gambling motives are associated with socio-demographics and gambling behavior – A Finnish population study
- Compulsive buying gradually increased during the first six months of the Covid-19 outbreak
- Emotion regulation as a transdiagnostic factor in eating disorders and gambling disorder: Treatment outcome implications
Highlighted new titles from the Psychology collection:
- Adult learning facilitators’ professional identity: An exploratory review based on a selection of empirical studies
- The role of self-regulation and perceived self-efficacy in adaptation to home-office work during the pandemic
- An experience with Holotropic Breathwork is associated with improvement in non-judgement and satisfaction with life while reducing symptoms of stress in a Czech-speaking population
Researching behavior and human–technology interaction
Published by the American Psychological Association (APA), Technology, Mind, and Behavior features interdisciplinary open access research in the field of human-technology interaction, with a focus on individual or group human behavior.
ScienceOpen is proud to be able to support APA’s mission of providing interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed research in the field of psychology by helping disseminate Technology, Mind, and Behavior to a wider audience.
Technology, Mind, and Behavior is a member of APA Open, a new, interactive open access platform dedicated to open science and transparency. Authors can dynamically communicate their study findings to readers in ways that go beyond traditional PDF experiences. To get a glimpse of the content available on the TMB collection, we are sharing below some of the most recent titles:
- Do Students Learn Better With Immersive Virtual Reality Videos Than Conventional Videos? A Comparison of Media Effects With Middle School Girls
- Are Robots/AI Viewed as More of a Workforce Threat in Unequal Societies? Evidence From the Eurobarometer Survey
- Belief in Sharing the Same Phenomenological Experience Increases the Likelihood of Adopting the Intentional Stance Toward a Humanoid Robot
- Antecedents and Consequences of Technology Appraisal: A Person-Centered Approach
- Video Game Playing Frequency, Social Cognition, and Social Behavior in Childhood
Different perspectives on Psychology
The JMIR Publications collection on ScienceOpen showcases the range and quality of JMIR’s digital health research portfolio. Many of the publications in the collection are the product of best practices in Open Science, and different titles are available in various study fields within the discipline of Psychology.
- Perceived Stress Among Resident Doctors in Jordanian Teaching Hospitals: Cross-Sectional Study
- Risk Factors of Psychological Responses of Chinese University Students During the COVID-19 Outbreak: Cross-sectional Web-Based Survey Study
- Self-Efficacy and Motivation to Quit of Smokers Seeking to Quit: Quantitative Assessment of Smoking Cessation Mobile Apps
- Emotional Reactions to Cybersecurity Breach Situations: Scenario-Based Survey Study
The European Yearbook of the History of Psychology is a peer-reviewed international annual publication devoted to the history of psychology, particularly the relationship between historiographic survey and epistemological difficulties. Contributions that offer detailed reconstructions of specific times, issues, and people in the history of psychology through the recovery and critical examination of archival and published sources are encouraged.
- A Historical Study of Carl G. Jung’s Psychological Understanding of Dante
- Theodor Meynert (1833–1892): Selected Archive Sources on Life and Work
- Roberto Ardigo’s (and Wilhelm Wundt’s) Pupil Gino Melati and the First Attempt to Introduce Experimental Psychology at the University of Padua
- Forbidden Science: The Dismantling of Pedology and the Listing of the Works of Pedologists in the Soviet Union in 1936–1938
In the collection of Social Behavior and Personality, ScienceOpen users can get access to publications covering all aspects of social, personality, and developmental psychology. SBP has published the work of nearly 6,500 researchers and professionals over the last 50 years, and the journal’s archive presently contains several thousand publications.
- What makes a restaurant customer become a green citizen?
- From problem-solving demands to employee creativity: Bidirectional support
- Domain knowledge and role clarity moderate the relationship between proactive personality and employee radical creativity
- Taking charge under job stressors: Mediating effect of control appraisals and moderating effect of proactive resource acquisition tactics
The Chinese Journal of General Practice is a peer-reviewed academic journal sponsored by the Chinese Preventive Medicine Association, which covers general practice topics but also has many publications in the disciplines of psychology and the treatment of psychological consequences of various health-related concerns by general practitioners. Discover more below:
- The responsibility and orientation of general practice from the response to public health emergencies
- Effect of WeChat-based symptom assessment and self-intervention on adverse reactions, mental state and quality of life in patients with breast cancer during chemotherapy
- Effect of continuous nursing intervention based on Wechat platform on post-operative psychological elasticity and shame of breast cancer patients
- Effect of home nutrition support on nutritional status and psychological pain of patients with gastric cancer after surgery
Books in Psychology
- Punishment and Political Order – Michigan Publishing
- Emotion, Reason, and Action in Kant – Bloomsbury Academic
- Kurt Baschwitz: A Pioneer of Communication Studies and Social Psychology – Amsterdam University Press Books
- Melodrama After the Tears: New Perspectives on the Politics of Victimhood – Amsterdam University Press Books
- Neurofilmology of the Moving Image: Gravity and Vertigo in Contemporary Cinema – Amsterdam University Press Books
- Contemporary themes in early childhood education and international educational modules –
- University of Maribor Press
- Well-Being and Mental Health in the Gig Economy – University of Westminster Press Books
Do you wish to establish a distinct publishing identity? Book your own ScienceOpen-powered subdomain to manage and host existing open access publications or to launch new journals.
For journals and books, ScienceOpen can provide technological infrastructure for paper submission, peer review management, open access hosting, article versioning, distribution, analytics, and APC management. If you’d like to learn more about our services, feel free to contact our CEO Stephanie Dawson.
Featured Image by geralt Pixabay License