ScienceOpen provides the publishing infrastructure to emphasize the diversity of knowledge in different subjects. With the Forum for Open Research in MENA Conference approaching, we want to revisit our Islamic Studies blog post, and highlight research covering the Middle East or originating from the MENA region.
The Forum for Open Research in MENA will bring together leading international experts and key regional stakeholders that support the advancement of open research across the Middle East and North Africa, providing a forum for librarians, researchers, government policymakers, universities, and international experts to discuss and debate key themes and issues.
Within a discovery environment of over 81 million articles, books, and chapter records, ScienceOpen offers services for publishers to highlight their academic content and promote the journal and publisher brands with unique collections, banner marketing, and search shortcuts.
Promoting diversity of perspectives and topics
Pluto Journals offers a diversity of perspectives and research from its wide range of disciplines covered in the super collection. Producing world-class journals that are at the cutting edge of humanities research today, we are highlighting below the journal collections by Pluto Journals, covering the MENA region, with prestigious scholarly outputs bridging geographical, linguistic, and cultural divides.
Bethlehem University Journal serves as a vibrant platform where research communities in the region and the world with can engage in dialogues and conversations that can contribute to the production of original and transformative knowledge about the state of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and its future.
- The Inclusion of “Child Protection” Concepts at the Palestinian Universities from the Point of View of the Representatives of Social Science Program
- Exploring the relationship between mental health and neuropsychological functioning in female survivors of IPV / الصحة النفسية وعلاقتها بالأداء النيوروسيكولوجي لدى الناجيات من عنف الشريك الحميم
- Nursing Students’ Perceptions of Peer Evaluation in Group Work at Bethlehem University, Palestine / مفهوم طلبة التمريض لتقييم الأقران لعمل الجماعي في جامعة بيت لحم، فلسطين
Islamophobia Studies Journal provides an interdisciplinary research unit dedicated to the systematic study of othering Islam and Muslims, through multi-lingual academic submissions that theorize the historical, political, economic, and cultural phenomenon of Islamophobia in relation to the construction, representation, and articulation of “Otherness.”
- Islamophobia, Antisemitism, Zionism, Settler Colonialism
- Islamophobia as a Phenotypical Racism: The Case of the Islamic Style of Clothing in Turkey
- Representations of Inter-Faith Couples: “Inevitable Violence” and the Israeli Arab Conflict
Arab Studies Quarterly was established by the late Professors Edward Said and Ibrahim Abu-Lughod. They envisioned the journal as being a platform for academic research to counter anti-Arab propaganda veiled in academic jargon. Since its inception, ASQ has been a refereed academic journal that publishes articles on Arabs, their history, and social and political institutions.
- How can Social Cohesion Foster State-Building and Confront Tribalism? A Comparative Analysis of the Post-Arab Uprisings Period in Tunisia and Libya
- Re-reading Ibn-Khaldun in the 21st Century: Traveling Theory and the Question of Authority, Legitimacy, and State Violence in the Modern Arab World
- The Collapse of Yemen’s Sovereignty by Permanent Violence: A Means of Both Production and Consumption of Value
Applied research in technology, economics, and social studies
African Journal of Engineering & Technology (AJET) is a multidisciplinary journal discussing applied research in engineering and technology. AJET is published by the Sudanese Researchers Foundation, and it addresses topics on development through sustainable engineering and technology, presenting solutions based on critical reviews, case studies, and qualitative and quantitative research.
- Scientific Research Status in Sudan until 2020
- Sustainability Assessment of Gas-Fired Power Generation Pathways
ScienceOpen offers content hosting, context building, and marketing services for publishers. We offer state-of-the-art technology and a range of solutions and services for different types of publishers.
Emirates Scholar Research Center focuses on research that monitors, analyses, and assesses current and potential trends, non-traditional ideas, and impending phenomena that contribute to shaping the future in the short term, with a focus on the Gulf region.
The Emirati Journal of Business, Economics and Social Studies and the International Journal of Automation & Digital Transformation are two journals by Emirates Scholar that highlight the multi-disciplinary topics covered in the super collection.
- Standards of Building e-Learning Systems in Higher Education
- Blockchain-based E-tendering Evaluation Framework
- Implementation of a Robotic System for Overhead Drilling Operations: A Case Study of the Jaibot in the UAE
Islamic Studies by EUP
Edinburgh University Press has recently joined our network by dedicating a collection to its scholarship in the field of Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies, which includes hundreds of books and journal articles on a variety of topics. Religion is a significant subject of EUP’s publishing, from studying Islam to giving in-depth investigations of religious texts, people, and developments.
We invite you to explore the great range of subjects covered by the collection, including politics & international relations, religion, history, art & architecture, and language & linguistics.
- Sultan Qaboos and Modern Oman, 1970–2020
- Understanding the Impact of Conflict on Risk Perceptions and Travel Behaviour: Attitudes of Dutch Pilgrims and Tourists towards Palestine
- The Letters of Shahrbarāz and Middle Persian Historiography on the Last Great War of Late Antiquity
- A Tyrant’s Legacy in Medieval Syria: Al-Ḥajjāj b. Yūsuf on Trial in Ibn ʿAsākir’s History of Damascus
Highlighted Research by other publishers
Our network of over 81 million publications features plenty of books, research articles, and book chapters in a wide range of disciplines that explore different aspects and breakthrough innovations of academia in the Middle East and Northern Africa, or topics covering issues affecting the region.
Below we are highlighting some articles and book titles from different publishers:
- Family Planning for People with Multiple Sclerosis in Saudi Arabia: an Expert Consensus
- The Saudi National Mental Health Survey: Survey instrument and field procedures
- The many faces of peroxisomal disorders: Lessons from a large Arab cohort
- Criminal Trademark Protection in Algerian Law and Saudi Legal System
- An Intelligent Model for Text Forensics from Arabic Twitter Posts –
- Role of Social Media in Diabetes Management in the Middle East Region: Systematic Review
- The Potential Role of Social Media Platforms in Community Awareness of Antibiotic Use in the Gulf Cooperation Council States: Luxury or Necessity?
- Association of Online Health Information–Seeking Behavior and Self-Care Activities Among Type 2 Diabetic Patients in Saudi Arabia
- Homer, Troy and the Turks: Heritage and Identity in the Late Ottoman Empire, 1870-1915
- Media and Mapping Practices in the Middle East and North Africa: Producing Space
- Microfoundations of the Arab Uprisings: Mapping Interactions between Regimes and Protesters
- Beyond the Death of God: Religion in 21st Century International Politics
- The Post-Conflict Environment: Investigation and Critique
Interested in ScienceOpen’s publishing solutions?
You can learn more about ScienceOpen Open Access hosting here. We are thrilled to support all the journals and researchers that want to embrace a barrier-free model of science!
Get in touch with us and would be delighted to provide you with a consultation. Stephanie Dawson, our CEO, can be reached anytime at Stephanie.Dawson@ScienceOpen.com.