The interdisciplinary field of materials science encompasses the scientific study of materials and stands at the crossroads of various sciences and disciplines such as chemistry, physics, and engineering.
ScienceOpen provides the infrastructure and tools for hosting and embedding research publications on a wide range of topics, including materials science, where we have hundreds of interesting articles, books, book chapters, and preprints available for our users to discover.
Today’s blog will focus on Materials Science Research on ScienceOpen.
DeGruyter’s Materials Science Collection
The expanding field of materials sciences is a rapidly expanding subject area in the De Gruyter portfolio, distinguished by new topics and authors. DeGruyter has a dedicated collection to its Materials Science Program on ScienceOpen, with hundreds of graduate-level textbooks, content from a special STEM series for career beginners, traditional monographs, and a collection of journals.
On the DeGruyter Collection Page, you can also keep up with the latest developments and events in the field of Materials Science and learn more about DeGruyter’s scholarship from DeGruyter’s representatives. For example, don’t forget to check out the 2022 MRS Fall Meeting, which will be held Nov 27 – Dec 2, 2022, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Mechanical properties of nanomaterials: A review
- Plasmon-controlled, ultra-bright, excitation-polarization-independent photoluminescence from individual Ag nanoplates
- Fluorescent labeling of materials using silica nanoparticles
- Deep learning enabled inverse design in nanophotonics
- Material advancement in tissue-engineered nerve conduit
Methods by AKJournals
Three interdisciplinary Open Access journals are available in the Methods collection by AKJournals, making it a perfect source for research in materials science. The journals featured in the collection are: two currently active journals, Resolution and Discovery and Acta Chromatographica, and the ceased title Nanopages, each with an emphasis on the domains of microscopy/imaging, nanoscience, and chemical analysis.
- Highly Ordered Mesoporous and Hierarchically Nanostructured Meso-macroporous Materials for Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Information Technology and Medical Applications
- Qualitative evaluation of composition of the volatile fraction in commercial samples of Cistus incanus L.
- Determination of Hansen solubility parameters of solid materials by inverse gas-solid chromatography
- Synthesis of aluminosilicate nanotube from rice husk ash and its characterization
- Multiresidue Analysis of Pesticides and Metabolites from Fruits and Vegetables by Gas Chromatography—Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
Research perspectives from the Asian Chemical Societies
AsiaChem is the biannual, open-access magazine supporting the work of the non-profit Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS). The magazine aims to promote the advancement of chemistry and professional chemists in the Asia Pacific region. This collection will provide you with diverse articles on cutting-edge materials science, with a focus on chemical sciences.
- Nanoporous Chemical Plants: MOFs as Polymer Manufacturers
- Supramolecular Polymerization: Personal History and Outlook Towards a Sustainable Future
- From structural to functional materials: a green way to produce functional biopolymers based on polypeptides
- Material Challenges for Colloidal Quantum Nanostructures in Next Generation Displays
Within a discovery environment of over 82 million articles, books, and chapter records, ScienceOpen offers services for publishers to highlight their academic content and promote the journal and publisher brands with unique collections, banner marketing, and search shortcuts.
Impact is a journal that focuses on producing engaging, concise and beautifully designed scholarly content that communicates the economic, scientiﬁc and societal impact of research in a completely impartial and unbiased way. On the topic of Materials Science, Impact features new advancements in the field. Take a glimpse through the titles below:
- Controlling microstructure
- Cyber catalysis: predicting stability and activity of multinary element nanoalloy based on real system first-principles calculations
- Estimation of rheological characteristics of dual phase fluid at high temperature utilizing transfer learning
- New crystallography using relativistic femtosecond electron pulses
Chinese Scholarship on Materials Science
Our network has noticed an increase in the number of Chinese journals publishing cutting-edge research in a variety of fields, including materials science. Research from some eminent publications with Chinese roots is highlighted below. The content from our Chinese journals is easily shareable in various social media platforms, including Sina Weibo.
BIO Integration focuses on original, cutting-edge, interdisciplinary contents in the field of biosciences, including medicine, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, biotechnology, etc., which generate hypotheses and questions relevant to the patient and disease and guide the investigations of cellular and molecular medicine.
- Enhancing the in vivo stability of polycation gene carriers by using PEGylated hyaluronic acid as a shielding system
- Modifying an Implant: A Mini-review of Dental Implant Biomaterials
- Nanocarriers in the Enhancement of Therapeutic Efficacy of Natural Drugs
Acta Materia Medica provides an open platform for rapid publication of the latest findings, approaches, and viewpoints related to all related areas of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, including, but not limited to, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacy, etc. Its hosted articles, you can download directly from the article page in ScienceOpen, in .pdf or .xml formats.
- Structurally diverse polydopamine-based nanomedicines for cancer therapy
- New lathyrane diterpenoid hybrids have anti-inflammatory activity through the NF-κB signaling pathway and autophagy
- In vitro characterization and cellular uptake profiles of TAMs-targeted lipid calcium carbonate nanoparticles for cancer immunotherapy
Journal of Modern Nanotechnology is an open-access journal striving to provide an academic exchange platform online for researchers and readers in the fields of nano science or nano engineering. JMN welcomes Researchers, Physicists, Research Institutions, etc. to present their authoritative, innovative, and insightful works in nanoscience and materials science through this journal publication, to advance knowledge dissemination in these fields further.
- Recent Advances in Development of Gold Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery Systems
- Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Silica Nanoparticles on Interfacial Tension and Wettability during Low Salinity Water Flooding: A Micromodel Study
- Efficacy and Safety of Albumin-bound Paclitaxel Versus Solvent-based Paclitaxel in Breast Cancer: A Meta-analysis
Researcher Collections about Materials Science
EU NanoSafety Cluster Publications is a researcher collection featuring many journal articles with a focus on materials science, materials characterization, and nanomaterials. Researcher collections are a great tool for dissemination of topic-based knowledge, curated by users of ScienceOpen and embedded in a network of over 82 million publications.
Get some inspiration and start your researcher collection today!
- Best practice in reporting corona studies: Minimum information about Nanomaterial Biocorona Experiments (MINBE)
- Nanomedicine and epigenome. Possible health risks
Interested in books on the topic of Materials Science? We got you covered.
With over 2000 book titles, we are highlighting below a few:
- Zeolites and Metal-Organic Frameworks : From Lab to Industry
- X-ray Studies on Electrochemical Systems : Synchrotron Methods for Energy Materials
- Solar Cells and Energy Materials
- The Physics & Technology of Radiation Therapy
Learn more about ScienceOpen’s additional services.
ScienceOpen helps to highlight the impact of our partners’ work in their respective fields of study in a variety of ways. Your publications will always be available for review by interested researchers on our network, and we are constantly raising general awareness of them through our social media platforms and various communication channels.
If you require technical or promotional assistance from a scholarly publishing partner, please contact Stuart Cooper right away!