The Review of African Political Economy (ROAPE) is a scholarly journal that serves as a critical platform for examining political, economic, and social issues across the African continent.
Since 1974, ROAPE has provided critical examinations of trends, issues, and social processes in Africa through a broadly materialist lens. ROAPE’s publications have played a crucial role in creating a significant platform that supports ongoing efforts for racial, gender, and economic equality in Africa.
As the journal celebrates its 50th anniversary, we are delighted to announce that ROAPE is switching from a subscription-based model formerly hosted by Taylor & Francis to complete Open Access now fully hosted and published on the ScienceOpen platform.
50 years of dismantling barriers – now in Open Access
Starting from January 2024 onwards, all journal articles will be published under a Creative Commons license. ROAPE’s extensive back catalogue of scholarly texts is already available on the new publishing platform. Author submission and rigorous peer review will also be supported through a publishing workflow provided by ScienceOpen. You can dynamically browse the full archive powered by ScienceOpen on the ROAPE website here.
Below are some of the newest scholarly texts published at ROAPE, featuring multilingual metadata in English, French and Portuguese:
- Autonomous projects in the face of the global fishing market: women fish processors in Senegal in a context of climate emergency
- Fatal architectures and death by design: the infrastructures of state-sponsored climate disasters in Angola and Mozambique
- Climate change, counter-terrorism and capitalist development in Somalia
- (Un)Just transition in power generation: neoliberal reforms and climate crisis in Sudan
- Conservation, peasants and class: critical reflections on the political economy of climate change strategies in West Senegal
ROAPE Journal now open for submissions!
Authors interested in publishing in the ROAPE journal can already submit their manuscripts via their new dedicated journal submission system. For further information, go to the ROAPE journal collection.
Interested in hosting a journal on ScienceOpen?
Are you seeking a new Open Access hosting platform for your journal? Reach out to Stuart Cooper for further information on ScienceOpen’s publishing solutions integrated into a distinctive and interactive discovery environment.