ScienceOpen and Bioscientifica are pleased to expand their collaboration by developing new research collections in the fields of vascular biology, reproduction, fertility, endocrinology, orthopaedics, and traumatology.
Through its expertise in publishing, events, and association management, Bioscientifica exists to support biomedicine and strengthen biomedical communities in order to advance science and health. Bioscientifica collaborates closely with biomedical societies to publish and develop journals with a high impact, a broad audience, and a healthy financial return.
ScienceOpen’s collaboration with Bioscentifica and our diverse range of publishing solutions for their journals directly supports scientific communication on medical research within our user community and beyond.
Updated open-access collection on Endocrinology
Since 2019, ScienceOpen and Bioscientifica have collaborated on integrating open-access articles from different Bioscientifica endocrinology and reproduction journals into the ScienceOpen research discovery environment in the form of a featured collection.
The Bioscientifica Open Endocrinology collection has been recently updated with new research and publications and includes now open-access articles from the society-owned journals Endocrine-Related Cancer, European Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, and Endocrine Connections, which is completely open access. There are also case reports from the open-access database Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports.
Explore some of the latest titles:
- Canagliflozin-associated severe hyponatremia: a rare and potentially adverse effect?
- Thyroid eye disease with concurrent orbital lymphoma: a radiological surprise
- Corticotroph pituitary carcinoma with skeletal metastases masquerading as ectopic ACTH syndrome: a long and winding road to diagnosis
- Locally invasive classical papillary thyroid carcinoma with TSH receptor I568T mutation: case report
- 100 YEARS OF VITAMIN D: Combined hormonal contraceptives and vitamin D metabolism in adolescent girls
This collaboration between ScienceOpen and Bioscientifica integrates open-access endocrinology and reproduction research into the larger research discovery environment with the goal of emphasizing its scientific and social significance.
Let’s discover the new collections
ScienceOpen will increase the visibility of Bioscientifica’s open access publishing through its innovative features and cutting-edge discovery environment.
On behalf of the Society for Reproduction and Fertility, Bioscientifica has published two high-impact journals in the field of reproduction and fertility.
Both journals are now part of the open-access Reproduction collection, which publishes original research articles, topical reviews on reproductive and developmental biology, clinical research on reproduction and fertility in all animals and humans, and reproductive medicine.
- Preimplantation chromosomal mosaics, chimaeras and confined placental mosaicism
- A systematic review and standardized clinical validity assessment of genes involved in female reproductive failure
- Nonhormonal therapy for endometriosis based on energy metabolism regulation
- Extracellular vesicles improve embryo cryotolerance by maintaining the tight junction integrity during blastocoel re-expansion
- Long-term preservation of germ cells and gonadal tissues at ambient temperatures
EFORT Open Reviews
EFORT Open Reviews is an open-access journal that publishes high-quality instructional review articles in orthopaedics and traumatology. Peer-reviewed articles from international experts summarize current orthopedic knowledge and practice, with the goal of providing comprehensive coverage of the field.
EFORT Open Reviews is the official journal of the European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT), and it serves as the organization’s platform for promoting the exchange of scientific knowledge and experience in the fields of prevention and both conservative and surgical treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries.
Explore the titles in EFORT:
- Distal femoral fractures in children
- Neglected Monteggia fracture: a review
- Prosthetic hip-associated cobalt toxicity: a systematic review of case series and case reports
- Growth hormone therapy in short-stature patients with kyphoscoliosis: a literature review
- Prostheses option in revision total knee arthroplasty, from the bench to the bedside: (1) basic science and principles
This collection on ScienceOpen will serve as an authoritative resource for educating trainees and will keep practicing orthopaedic surgeons up to date on the latest clinical and scientific advances.
Vascular Biology is another open-access collection published by Bioscientifica that includes recent basic, clinical, and translational research and reviews in the fields of vascular biology, cardiology, oncology, vascular development, inflammation, and wound healing, and bioengineering.
Vascular Biology is a journal that provides authors with the greatest possible visibility for their research, and it aims to return a decision on a peer-reviewed paper in less than a month, thanks to its rapid peer review and publication policy.
Vascular Biology allows you to publish for free because Bioscientifica is sponsoring the Article Publication Charge during the launch years, providing authors with far-reaching exposure and impact for their work at no extra cost.
Discover research from Vascular Biology:
- Omics of endothelial cell dysfunction in sepsis
- Progerin mislocalizes myocardin-related transcription factor in Hutchinson–Guilford Progeria syndrome
- Interleukin role in the regulation of endothelial cell pathological activation
- Rho GTPase signalling networks in cancer cell transendothelial migration
- microRNAs involved in psoriasis and cardiovascular diseases
More open access!
ScienceOpen is a free, interactive research communication platform that places open access at the heart of our discovery environment. We can provide full-service professional open access hosting that connects our partners to major infrastructures like ORCID and Crossref.
More information about ScienceOpen Open Access hosting can be found here. We are thrilled to assist all journals and researchers who want to embrace a barrier-free science model! Get in touch with us today!