Our collections just grew bigger, and this time with exciting open access interdisciplinary research focusing on Military Studies and History by the Marine Corps University Press. Established in 2008, MCUP publishes open access books and journals that provide a forum for interdisciplinary discussion of national security, international relations, military history/science, political science, and geopolitical issues.
The new MCUP collection on ScienceOpen will include OA books and journal publications focusing on Advanced Military Studies and Marine Corps History. Our publishing infrastructure will provide the ideal research context for MCUP’s publications, as well as the ability to disseminate its research to new scholar communities and digital channels.
Marine Corps University Press (MCUP) recognizes the importance of an open dialogue between scholars, policy makers, analysts, and military leaders and of crossing civilian-military boundaries to advance knowledge and solve problems.
Let’s celebrate this new addition to our network by exploring the collection of Marine Corps and the interdisciplinary scope of their scholarly work, through some highlighted titles from each journal and an overview of the disciplines covered by them.
Selected journal publications
ScienceOpen collections provide editorial management, quality assurance, and community space for the distribution and evaluation of the Marine Corps University Press’s selected scholarly output. This new collection includes articles from two of MCUP’s journals, the Journal of Advanced Military Studies (JAMS) and the Marine Corps History Journal (MCH).
The Journal of Advanced Military Studies (JAMS) will provide research that promotes open dialogue among scholars, policymakers, analysts, and military leaders, as well as the crossing of civilian-military boundaries to advance knowledge and solve problems.
- Zumwalt, Holloway, and the Soviet Navy Threat: Leadership in a Time of Strategic, Social, and Cultural Change
- The Army and Sea Control: Reconsidering Maritime Strategy in the Twenty-first Century
- Allies through Thick and Thin: U.S. Navy Strategic Communication, 1986-1994, in Transatlantic Context
- Cyberspace and Naval Power
Marine Corps History on the other hand focuses on all topics within the Corps’ long history, including the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, the Banana Wars, WWI, WWII, Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, women and minorities in the military, and foreign marines and joint operations.
- Marines and Mothers: Agency, Activism, and Resistance to the American North China Intervention, 1945–46
- “Beauty Isn’t Prerequisite for Girl Marines”: Images of Female Marines during World War II
- Understanding Battlefield Performance of U.S. Marines Ashore during the Civil War
- Strategic Communication through Narration: HOW U.S. MARINE CORPS COMMANDANTS STILL USE STORY TO INSPIRE SUPPORT
OA books on Military Studies
MCUP also publishes open access books, which, along with the journals, provide a forum for interdisciplinary discussion of national security and international relations issues, as well as how they affect the Departments of Defense, the Navy, and the United States Marine Corps directly and indirectly.
Scholars and ScienceOpen users can access selected books in this collection that cover a wide range of disciplines and topics within the research scope of Marine Corps University Press. We invite you to browse some of the most recent book titles and to share and recommend your favorites.
- The Mud and the Mirth: Marine Cartoonists in World War I
- A Game of Hare & Hounds: An Operational-level Command Study of the Guilford Courthouse Campaign, 18 January-15 March 1781
- The Marine Corps War College Strategy Primer, Expanded Edition
- Oil & War: How the Deadly Struggle for Fuel in World War II Meant Victory or Defeat, reprint edition
- The Trillion Dollar War: The U.S. Effort to Rebuild Afghanistan
Digital publishing meeting all your needs
Are you a publisher looking for a new network to promote your work? Now you can stop looking.
ScienceOpen has the right offer for you, and it can easily tailor all of its services to your publishing needs. With over 82 million publications embedded within our smart interactive discovery environment, your scholarly content on ScienceOpen will be placed in the appropriate context.