Radiology Science is a journal focusing on radiology science and technology interdisciplinary studies combined with informatics such as Artificial Intelligence and big data for both diagnostic and treatment purposes. Radiology Science is an open access journal, and it publishes original research, letters, clinical trials, reviews, and clinical guidelines.
Publishers are continuously innovating with new formats for topical selections of literature. Today we are happy to announce our partnership with Karger, a leading biomedical publisher of international speciality journals and books covering basic and clinical research. Two of their thematic articles packages, one on Stroke and another one on Diabetes are now indexed on our platform.
Karger Topical Article Packages, our recent additions to the field of medicine, aim to support researchers in keeping up with the vast and rapidly growing research literature, and provide the quality assurance of rigorous peer review and editorial selection. Last year alone PubMed tracked 38,000 articles on diabetes and over 18,000 on stroke. With these numbers, editorial selection is a great help for researchers.
A unique feature of these collections is that their scope is not restricted to just one journal. Instead, they provide topical selections from across the entire range of the Karger publishing program. Articles are selected on the basis of a keyword-related semantic search on the abstract level. Such a relevance-based organizing principle results in a quick and convenient overview of the latest methodological and technological developments from one of the leading biomedical publishers.
From here, you can apply all the usual enhanced search and discovery filtering options, including sorting content by date, citations, Altmetric score, and readership, as well as discovering related content from across our network of 28 million research articles. For researchers, this is a great way of staying in touch with the latest and most relevant research published in your field.
Below you can find a teaser from their main topics and selected articles.
1. Stroke: Karger Topic Article Package
Being one of the leading cause of death and various physical, psychological and social disabilities, research on Stroke is an essential subfield of Biomedical Science. The new collection covers the most recent advances in the field. Some of the most important topics covered include:
- Stroke prevention worldwide
- The most common risk factors associated with stroke such as diabetes, atrial fibrillation, obesity or smoking,
- Innovations in diagnostic techniques, with special regard on the non-invasive methods like MRI, CT, OCT and emergency stroke screening tools
- Best practices and effective therapeutic strategies in stroke managements
- Newly developed and currently used therapeutic tools like laser treatments and 3D printing
- Drug development studies
- Treatment and aftercare practices for post-stroke cognitive impairments, such as aphasia
- Mortality and associated risk factor assessment in patients with cardiovascular disease
2. Diabetes: Karger Topical Article Package
The collection brings together peer reviewed research articles from more than 20 journals and covers the latest developments, solutions and best practices in the curation and prevention of Diabetes and its many complications. Some of the main topics covered are:
- Predictors of diabetes
- The genetic background of diabetes and family history
- Diagnostic and therapeutic advances and technological developments like sitagliptin– and whey protein-based therapies
- Diabetic complications such as diabetic retinopathy or diabetic nephropathy
- Diabetes and cance
- Diabetes and stroke
- Nutrition recommendations
- Diabetes and women’s health, like diabetes in pregnancy, PCOS and insulin resistance
The thematic and article-level perspective of these collections is a new direction in content curation beyond the journal that we are happy to experiment with together with Karger. They also fit well into our current research network: 42.151 articles on Stroke and 122.570 articles on Diabetes opens up the wider research context for these two collections and helps aid discovery while expanding our knowledge horizons.
If you have any feedback on our search and discovery functions, please contact us here. And if you are a publisher looking to integrate your content and enhance its context and visibility, please contact us here.